WHAT IS LIFE, WITHOUT A FRIEND
Friendship is one of the greatest bonds anyone can ever wish for. Fortunate are those who have friends they can trust. Pleasant time spent with friends is a kind of happiness that cannot be expressed. Whether you are studying in a group or celebrating someone’s birthday party, it is always enjoyable with friends.
Who is a Friend?
The word friend makes sense only to those who can understand the greatness of its meaning. A friend is someone with whom you can be you, without fear of being judged; someone who stands with you in the hardest of times, someone whom you can always look up to. A friend is one who appreciates your skills and helps you understand your weaknesses. A good friend encourages you to make the right choices and does not get you into any trouble at all.
Why do we need Friends?
Friends are the pearls of our lives. Friendship needs to be cherished and built up for many years with much care. Friends come and go but with the precious few, we shall live our lives happily. Friends can help you celebrate good times and provide support during tough times. Friends prevent loneliness and give you a chance to offer companionship, too.
Qualities I look for in a Friend
Friends come with a variety of qualities which makes them someone special in one’s life. Some of them are listed below: –
- Trustworthy and loyal – I look for a trustworthy and a loyal friend who would always stand beside me in the hardest of times.
- Good listener – My friend should be a good listener. Therefore, without the ability to listen, the friendship would become shallow.
- Loyalty- Loyal friends should always be loyal to each other. A good friend should never betray you in any way, talk about you behind your back nor do anything else that questions your friendship.
- Honesty – Honesty requires that we speak openly from the heart and incorporate objectivity into our words.
- Empathy is the ability to understand what is going on with a friend, to recognize how they are feeling, and to interact and respond accordingly.
Every person in their life needs someone who can understand and support with no expectations. Those special people are called true friends. Friends have always their special place in anyone’s life. True friendship is always possible only by heart. I hope to have a great friendship with all my true friends because life is meaningless without a friend who asks about you whenever you are absent. Do you think that life has its real flavour in the absence of a true friend?