5 Points to Teach Better Time Management To Students
Time management is an important skill that needed to be taught to kids for their successful personal as well as professional life. With the various skill training and other necessary teachings, this forms the core of all mental and physical development. The idea of teaching time management skills to students is meaning to teach them the act of prioritizing. They should be well-equipped in putting their tasks at priority and then accordingly set the course for them.
5 Ways to Teach Your Child Time Management Skills
There are various pointers and techniques in your daily life that can help children in understanding the importance of managing their time well. The top 5 of them are:
- Make a calendar: Yes, this seems to be a non-cognitive activity, but this can prove to be the most useful one. It’s important to start your day with a clear focus. Listing the dates and, making their own calendar will make them understand the importance of days and timelines better.
- Assign timelines to all the daily activities: List out a number of things on a piece of paper and assign timelines to them. Do it in a fun way so that the child enjoys referring to the chart while doing the daily activities. While doing these mundane activities every day, slowly, the child will start respecting the time allocated for each thing and will learn to stick to a schedule.
- Eliminate Distractions: There are lots of activities in today’s time that can distract the child from their school work or routine. So, to teach them better time management, have your child turn away from all the distractions and focus on the task at hand.
- Start working on assignments early: Good time management skills does not mean leaving assignments until the day before they are due. Make sure to add the assignments and tasks to their calendar/master schedule and agenda. Start working on them before they are due and avoid the last-minute stress for your child.
- Work on one thing at a time: It might seem like more is being accomplished with multitasking. But splitting attention between several tasks isn’t an effective way to learn or proceed. Make your child work at one thing at a time, giving his or her full attention. Focusing on one task will help him or her complete it more efficiently and effectively.
DPSG is amongst the best CBSE affiliated schools in Faridabad. The school pays immense importance to the growth of each child and ensures that there are enough resources at the pupil’s disposal for sound personality development. We believe in entitling every student to holistic education and prepares them well for various future challenges. Our school is equipped with the best technology to facilitate teaching, along with very well experienced staff personnel. Visit the website for more information.