CAS is one of the core requirements for the IB Diploma Programme. CAS activities are both challenging and enjoyable and take the learner on a personal journey of self-discovery. They allow the learners to forge meaningful bonds with other learners through experiences that are profound and life changing.
• Creativity: Music, theatre, film, design technology, visual arts, dance, fashion, and other experiences that involve creative thinking fall under creativity (for example, joining a choir or engaging with fashion design).
• Activity: Taking on a new sport or extending your ability (for example, with football, yoga, dance, aerobics classes, biking or hiking) counts as activity.
• Service: A collaborative and reciprocal engagement with the community in response to an authentic need.
CAS LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Identify your own strengths and develop areas for personal growth.
2. Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.
3. Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.
4. Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences.
5. Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively.
6. Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance.
7. Recognize and consider the ethics of choices and actions.