6 Tips DPSG Inculcates To Motivate Students
One of the most important factors a school and teacher should work on is how to motivate students. Unmotivated students often find it difficult to concentrate and learn effectively. They won’t retain information, they won’t participate, and some of them may even become disruptive. They often feel the teacher’s way of teaching un-engaging or be distracted by external forces.
While motivating students can be a tedious task for the schools and teachers, the rewards are more than worth it. Teaching a class full of motivated students is enjoyable for teachers and students alike. Some students are self-motivated, with a natural love of learning. But even with the students who do not have this natural drive, a great teacher can make learning fun and inspire them to reach their full potential. Let’s see at some of the things that DPSG, Vasundhara, teachers do to motivate students.
- Encourage Students: Encouragement and positive reinforcement are initial steps to instigate motivation in students. It is required that their work should be recognized and valued. The teachers of DPSG encourage open communication and free-thinking to make students feel important. They [raise their students often and recognize them for their contributions.
- Get Them Involved: One way to encourage students and teach them responsibility is to get them involved in the classroom. Teachers at DPSG, Vasundhara, make participating fun by giving each student a job to do. They make students work in groups and assign each a task or role. Giving students a sense of ownership allows them to feel accomplished and encourages active participation in class.
- Offer Incentives: By setting expectations and making reasonable demands encourages students to participate in various activities. Our teachers offer small incentives to students and make learning fun for the students to get motivated and push themselves beyond their limits. Incentives can range from small to large, giving a special privilege to an exemplary student for his/her efforts.
- Get Creative: Teachers avoid monotony by changing the routine around the class. They teach through games and discussions and encourage students to debate and enrich the subject matter with visual aids, like colourful charts, diagrams and videos. They even show a movie that effectively illustrates a topic or theme. Using posters, models, student projects and seasonal themes to decorate your classroom, creates a warm, stimulating environment.
- Real-Life Examples: The teachers in DPSG understands dilemma of a child and try to make them understand the usage of various concepts and learning in their real-life as well. Drawing connections with real life helps kids to learn the concepts better. Showing them that a subject is used everyday by “real” people gives it new importance. They may never be excited about algebra, but if they see how it applies to them, they may be motivated to learn attentively.
DPSG Vasundhara, one of the best schools in Ghaziabad, along with our teachers, provides holistic education to all the students to enhance and develop their various abilities and skills. We are a leading IB school in Ghaziabad, working towards enabling students to become adequate for the various challenges in life, apart from enhancing their academic skills. Visit our website for more information and details on the admission process.